Sunday 23 March 2014

Happiness


I decided to be happy too, dispite the MS diagnosis.
  
So I've accepted all the help the NHS is offering me, (which includes these wonderful Meditation classes) I stopped working myself into an early grave, checked out if I'd be fit enough to do the work that's essential to my life and, having got the OK from the Medics, started setting up another High Sea's adventure for this coming summer, one of my Sculpture School events: a week of sculpture on a boat, cruising the south coast of Turkey.  



This is our boat.  

90 foot long: loads of space for 12 people to hang out, sunbathe, sculpt, wind-surf, swim, canoe, and basically have a bloody good time.

These are some of the lovely folk who came last year

I'll be teaching for 3 hours in the mornings under the cool of the awnings out on deck, while our captain sails us to our next destination.  We'll drop anchor in a different bay each day, one of hundreds scattered along the glittering coastline, fringed with pine forests and thick with the scent of herbs. 

Great meditation spot

Sculpture exercises will be simple and fun, with results that always amaze my students (and still amaze me, after years of teaching)

Sculpture workshop on deck

We'll be eating delicious food, freshly prepared by our on-board chef and served by lovely stewards...

Lunch in another sparkling bay

we'll have a say in where we fancy going, the captain consulting us on a daily basis, so if we fancy cruising down the coast to the sunken city or up to the Rock tombs, its totally up to us...

Fethiye Rock tombs

There'll be freshly made pancakes passed up to us by local pancake makers.

tea-break c/o the fabulous pancake lady

There'll be meditation sessions in the mornings for anyone that fancies joining in... 


Perfect spot for meditation and for snoozes

and G 'n' T sessions as the sun sets over the mountains...

Heaven on earth

And each night we retire to the luxury of our cabins...

The Dulux Cabin

Luxury Cabin

One of 2 Twin Cabins

One of 2 Double Cabins


Lovely ey! 

All cabins are booked now - but if you fancy coming next year, contact me soon.  There are only 12 places available and they tend to get booked up fast. Check out my website if you want to know more about it ... http://www.katenewlyn.com/  

Now onto the next thing that's going to make me happy ... a walk in this clear evening with my lovely dog.